Original topic:

Corrupted gifs/images in texts?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Predpilot85
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung Galaxy s21+ with the latest OS.

For the past 4 or 5 days, gifs that people send me are coming through like this. Not all of them are doing it, but I would say about 50% of them. It happens on both the stock samsung messaging app and also Textra. It's happening with all the people I talk to. I have a few group chats and sometimes the gifs are fine and sometimes they are like this in the same chat regardless of who sends them. Happens in the one on one chats too, so it's not just a group thing. Most of these people have apple, but this has never happened before until a few days ago. I'm not sure what's happening. I uninstalled and reinstalled Textra, but I never thought that would fix the problem as it's happening on the stock messaging app too. My galaxy didn't get an update, my apps didn't get updates, maybe Apple did an update recently? Has anyone seen this before?

1000006915.jpg

ā€ƒ

41 Replies
Dallas115
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Make fotos smaller to 2mb
0 Likes
FurySStylez
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm having the same issue and I'm not quite satisfied with the last person's answer. Does anyone have any clue what is happening?

amfakm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Same issue and looking for an answer
ADK18
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Same issue. Any luck?

0 Likes
Predpilot85
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

No luck at all. 

0 Likes
Cmbherrera
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
  • I have been experiencing the same issue all week. I have tried clearing my cache, looking for updates, switching messaging apps. Nothing has resloved the issue. I am also on a Samsun Android.
Members_qmQaXnI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Exact issue using Google messages. I think its an iPhone related issue.

ADStoneq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I came looking for this question because I'm having the same issue, specifically since May 1. That was the first day it started. Maybe 25% of the gifs coming in are doing this and I have an S23.
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm having the exact same issue on my Pixel 8 Pro with Google Messages. This is about the only thread I've found that is actually talking about this specific problem. If I find any answers I'll report back as well.

0 Likes