Original topic:

Flashing Stock Firmware.

(Topic created: 08-22-2022 05:19 PM)
SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello Samsung community!
I was wondering if flashing stock firmware from Samsung on my S21 FE 5G would brick it since it's carrier locked, or if any other issues would arise if I did this.
I really want a clean phone with no ATT bloatware and just stock One UI. 
What I'm wanting to flash is unlocked firmware of the S21 FE, to get more freedom out of my phone. 
Any answer is welcome, thanks!
4 Replies
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Hey there Jacob, I hope you're doing well.

This is fine and safe if you know what you're doing. While firmware flashing is not encouraged by Samsung, it is easy to do and will not brick the device.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21

I completely understand why it wouldn't be be encouraged, and I appreciate your reply.
Thank you for letting me know this will be safe, and the main reason is since I own the device I would like to modify it in ways that will benefit me in the long run. Also the carrier's take so long to respond to unlock it!
Thanks for answering!!

0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Flashing unlocked firmware won't unlock "sim lock". Flashing a firmware from unlocked model will give you operating system without AT&T software.

SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21

Ah, good to know. Still perfectly fine with me.