Original topic:

Mute notifications but keep vibration?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
dysturbation
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

So, I set a default notification sound, but then turned the volume on notifications all the way down to muted, so they'd just vibrate for now. Muting the volume did NOT mute the notifications in any way whatsoever. They kept making noise despite the volume being set to 0. And my only options in phone settings AND individual app settings are "silent" or "sound and vibration"- I want silent WITH vibration.

Right now, I've had to just set my default notification sound to silent so it will still vibrate but not make noise. I'm just very frustrated that I UPGRADED my phone only to find this very basic functionality has been removed. Is there any way to turn the volume of the notifications on and off with the volume mixer and KEEP the chosen sound and vibration? Or do I just have to keep the default sound set to silent and the sound option on "sound and vibration"?

5 Replies
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Settings, Sounds and vibration and pick the vibrate option
0 Likes
dysturbation
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

But I don't want my entire phone silenced. That would silence my ringtone, too. I still want the phone to ring when I get a call because otherwise I'll just end up missing every call I get. I just want the notifications to be silent and vibrate when I want them to be, with the option to turn the volume back up when I do want the notification sounds on. Right now, the only option I've found is to set the notification sound to silent and leave the overall phone sound setting on "sound and vibration". That really is not what I want it to do.

Old Galaxies allowed you to just turn the notification volume down (with the volume buttons/volume mixer) to vibrate, and then down one more to totally silent. Now, turning the notification volume down all the way to silent doesn't mute them at all, so I'm not even sure why it's an option when it doesn't work, or why they think taking away features makes anything better.

0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
If you haven't try looking up Good Lock which is a customization app from either the Google Play Store or the Galaxy Store. It has a suite of modules with customization options. Maybe you can find what you are looking for there.

dysturbation
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I'll look into it, thanks
0 Likes
dysturbation
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
And after looking into it and reading the reviews, I'm gonna pass on that one
0 Likes