Original topic:

Muting one contact

(Topic created: a week ago)
userCnqMsbLGqm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi. So I can not turn off notifications from one singular contact. I always had it silent before and now it keeps popping back up. I've tried EVERYTHING and it's driving me nuts! Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Can anyone help, please?!
0 Likes
4 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
You don't want the notification at all, or just dont want to hear it? If you dont want the notification at all, you will have to block the contact and let the calls go to voicemail. If you just don't want to hear it, just change the rintone for that contact to "silent", yes, there is a silent ring tone. You can do either of these actions by going to the contact in question, cling on the info tile and then tapping the 3 dot menu at the bottom right. You can reverse this at any time.
userCnqMsbLGqm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, I want the notification to have no sound. I've tried everything. Silent. No notifications. Turning off rcs. It comes back on with every text. Super frustrating.
0 Likes
userCnqMsbLGqm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Every. Time. 1724809386446.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

Which messaging app are you using?  In Google messages, you can assign the contact to spam and blocked (long press the message and tap the block icon), and you will never see it, you *might* get a silent notification that something went to spam & blocked, but you would have to look in the spam folder to actually see it.  This way it doesn't clutter your inbox, but you can choose to look at it at some later point, or just delete all your spam messages.

You can also click that red text at the bottom that says block and report spam. Then all future incoming from that contact will go to the spam folder.

0 Likes