JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My S21 Ultra started blocking my dad's Xfinity Landline

(Topic created: 05-07-2023 05:06 PM)
Joe_Yinzer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It started blocking calls from my dad's Xfinity landline on April 6th and it's happening still today May 7th. At first his calls would go right to my VM. Over the weekend he would try to call me and he'd hear it ring once then go to a busy signal. It's been doing that now for several days. I've been in contact with both Verizon Wireless and Xfinity and neither one can find the problem. My S21 can call his landline but he can't call me. In the call log out it says number blocked by phone. I checked it and there are no blocks. Verizon chat checked it and confirmed that that his number isn't blocked. I spent 4 hours over two days chatting with Verizon about this problem and they told me after doing all the troubleshooting steps that there is nothing they can do. How is that even possible? This problem is only with my dad's landline trying to make calls to me. He's fine with everyone else he calls. The man is 89 y/o and I need to solve this.
Xfinity troubleshooted the problem today May 7th and they can't figure out the problem. 
Can anyone at all help me out with this? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
This is what I did Open Phone App click 3 dot menu (top right) then click settings then toggle off Caller ID and Spam Protection then had the person call me (this maybe a little extra) the call came through then I toggled Caller ID and Spam Protection back on and had them call me again just to make sure and haven't had any issues since

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
This is what I did Open Phone App click 3 dot menu (top right) then click settings then toggle off Caller ID and Spam Protection then had the person call me (this maybe a little extra) the call came through then I toggled Caller ID and Spam Protection back on and had them call me again just to make sure and haven't had any issues since
Joe_Yinzer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I'll give that a try. Thanks
Joe_Yinzer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Your solution worked ButtaBean. Thanks very much. But I wish I didn't have to leave that switch off. I tried turning it back on and my dad's number was blocked still so I have it turned off again and he can get through to me. I really appreciate your suggestion.
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Your welcome please click on the 3 dott menu next to my first comment and click on Accepted Solution to help others in the future thank you