Original topic:

No more Google Assistant on Home Button

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
andrewkomic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello,

I have a Samsung s21+ and I recently enabled 'circle to search' in the latest update, which is activated when I hold down the home button.

However, the CtS feature has overridden the Google assistant when I hold down the Home Button, which I use the Assistant quite often, so when I disabled CtS.

But now when I hold the home button, nothing happens now. The only way to activate the assistant is to slide my finger from the bottom corners (which I'm not a fan of, especially if I'm accidently hitting the back button or the background apps button)

How can I re-enable the Google Assistant to the home button?

13 Replies
Nerd83
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
So for Circle to search you know how to use that, but to get the Google Assistant you have to swipe up and hold down diagonally from the bottom right corner towards the top left corner only about an inch or so though.
0 Likes
andrewkomic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

That's not what I'm asking. You just merely restated what I already said in my previous post. 

0 Likes
Nerd83
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Sorry, I guess I didn't totally read it. I did investigate just now, and I don't see a way on how to do that. I suggest downloading good lock, and seeing if it gives you any button remap options there.
0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't think there is a way to do that. Maybe, Samsung might add the ability to change this in GoodLock module in the future.
0 Likes
andrewkomic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

That's such a weird and stupid way Samsung pulled that on users.
"Use Circle to Search or we'll disable your home button" at least give us the option

0 Likes
AdeptMaven
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
There's no way to map Google assistant back to the home button within one UI 6.1. I'm not aware off any app that has the ability to remap it either.
0 Likes
andrewkomic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

That's weird that it's an "All or Nothing" with the Circle to Search feature. 
"Either you use CtS or the home button doesn't work at all"

Also strange, that you can problem what the Bixby button can do, but you can't do it with the home button.
Ughh

0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Install Good Lock and add the RegiStar plug-in. You can then add the Google Assistant to either a long press on the side button or a tap on the back of the phone.

On my phone, I have the Google Assistant set to open when I triple tap the back of my phone. 1716550102485.jpg1716550102510.jpg
0 Likes
breakfastchef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I now resort to 'Hey Google' to activate the Assistant feature.
0 Likes