Original topic:

One UI 6.1 update beaks touchscreen completely

(Topic created: Monday)
Capra_Dei
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I updated my phone to One UI 6.1 and it completely bricked my phone's touchscreen. Looking into it further, this has been an issue with many phones and not just S21s and has been known since April. I have tried clearing the system's cache, factory resetting, and even attempting to downgrade the phone's software (only to find out that 6.1 changed the bootloader). Is there any solution other than either using and S pen or waiting like a good little brand loyal consumer for an update?

4 Replies
MrShujin
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
The only solution to this is to get your phone screen replaced buy and authorized Samsung repair place
0 Likes
Capra_Dei
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

The fact that a software update is going to force me to replace a screen that would cost me over 100 bucks to replace myself with non authorized parts is insane and is anti-repair. That almost seems like the update was designed to force people to either get a new screen with the updated firmware or to buy the new phone.

nomosamsung
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Unfortunately, after speaking with "customer service" several times, they offer no real solution, other than to factory reset your phone (which probably would not resolve the issue), or buy a new (Samsung official, not aftermarket) touch screen.  I asked to speak with someone higher than L1 support, and the direct quote was "We don't take complaints".  So there you go for brand loyalty.  I would say buy an S Pen until you can get a differnt non-Samsung phone and just never go back.  The only way to make them change is to not do business with them anymore at a non-trivial scale, which I fully intend to do, and encourage others to do.

0 Likes
Bara_Shreet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello,
Exactly the same problem happened with my S21 Plus after the software update from 6.0 to 6.1 One UI. Everything was fine with firmware 6.0 One UI.

I wanted to ask you please: did you downgrade (to 6.0 or earlier firmware versions) and it didn't help?

please help me with a short answer. 

0 Likes