JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One ui 4.1 update on s21 ultra causes home button and back button to not work

(Topic created: 03-21-2022 05:16 PM)
MrEllison
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Well I recently updated to one ui 4.1 and I cannot use the home or back button. It was working perfectly fine before the update. 
114 Replies
userqYOryd9uBE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Mine just started randomly hiding themselves... I unhide them, and they work fine. I did have to restart the first time though. I AM having all kinds of other issues after the update though.
MsBBros
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

i have the same problem -- HOME not working at all and BACK working sporadically Samsung chat support couldn't help me.  taking it to their authorized tech store tomorrow morning.

MrEllison
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Same they suggested a factory reset to resolve the issue and I lose everything and can't do that right now
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
U might not like gestures but if it works u have all three of those buttons back . And it should just work
0 Likes
MrEllison
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Gesture control is the same and locks up the second I gesture the home button
0 Likes
DazedLogic
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
So what seems to have 'fixed' this: I went into Settings-->Apps-->Choose Default Apps and set the home app to Nova7 (or OneUI, whatever you use). I thought it was strange that Mobile Services Manager was showing, so I wanted to disable it, but was unable to. What I did do was go to Settings-->Apps-->Mobile Services Manager and hit Force Stop, and then went into Storage and Clear Data. I then went back to Settings-->Apps-->Mobile Services Manager and removed the permission to access the Phone.
Members_pJH1zHq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Didn't work for me. One UI Home was already selected, and changing the selection didn't even work properly, much less fix the issue. Glad it worked for you though.

userbfEhNm1Ypz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Yeah I tried to change the option and it just sat there and never changed. This update made my phone almost unusable. 

userjJfFbSOQ2m
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you so much! This worked for my wife's phone! The only thing I did different was I turned the phone permissions back on to the mobile services manager. But the home and back buttons are working fine now!
0 Likes