JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Reroute phone calls to voicemail

(Topic created: 04-24-2023 10:00 AM)
Jskinvest
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
It would be nice if the Samsung contacts application had an option to route specific callers to voicemail directly. This is what Google contacts has. I know I can block a contact but that would block both phone calls and messages. I am looking just to block phone calls and not messages. Unfortunately the only way to do that now is to download Google contacts. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello, We understand the convenience of being able to route a contact to voicemail. Calling features are enabled by the service provider For Samsung phones. You would need to speak with your service provider for an option to route a single call to voicemail.

We are happy to hear you have found a 3rd party app that meets your needs.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Sounds like you want Call Forwarding, which your carrier may or may not allow.

Also, Google Contacts uses the internet exclusively to make phone calls for you and not your carrier's network; therefore, the feature that you are referencing may not be possible due to Samsung's agreements with your carrier.
0 Likes
Jskinvest
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
On Verizon I can activate call forwarding but not for just one specific caller it would have to be for all calls. I am looking for a way to route one specific number to voicemail. It can be done through the Google contacts app and if I have to download that then that's what I'll have to do. I just thought Samsung would have this built into there stock application but it looks like they don't.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
See my added paragraph above, please.
0 Likes
Jskinvest
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
You are wrong. Google contacts has nothing to do with making phone calls. You might be thinking of Google voice. In any event I already downloaded Google contacts and I activated the reroute of a specific number to voicemail and it works. So you are wrong.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm sorry, but you are the one that referenced Google Contacts fearure in making a call. So, I guess I'm a bit confused by your statements.

"It would be nice if the Samsung contacts
application had an option to route specific
callers to voicemail directly. This is what Google
contacts has."
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Do Not Disturb allows you to pick which calls are still able to come through, though I don't recall the number if contacts that can be allowed.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello, We understand the convenience of being able to route a contact to voicemail. Calling features are enabled by the service provider For Samsung phones. You would need to speak with your service provider for an option to route a single call to voicemail.

We are happy to hear you have found a 3rd party app that meets your needs.

0 Likes