(Topic created: 02-04-2024 04:48 AM)
Goomysdad
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Looking for any assistance:
I bought a S21 FE from Mint Mobile.
Still on Android 12 after trying to update via
Settings and smart switch on a PC. I just get " you have the latest update".

I've tried my wife's active sim card from her mint Mobile s22, I asked a T-Mobile tech and they said a T-Mobile Sim won't work. I called Mint support and got tech (overseas) who said that she couldn't help but would push it up to a higher level and to expect a call back within 15 min and no call.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Likes
4 Replies
posted88
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
I bought mine 6months ago it shipped with Android 13 from T-Mobile
0 Likes
objex
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having a similar issue with Mint mobile and the S21 FE 5G. Its an unlocked phone from overseas that worked fine for the last couple of months barring the virtually non existent 5G reception. Fast forward to like a week back, the service starts to drop every 5-10 seconds for no reason. I've tried everything including factory reset and Mint mob is clueless as to what's happening and they acknowledge it must be some issue on their end. I've been told I should expect a call from some tech wizard who's got the solution and I never got a callback for the second time now.
0 Likes
Goomysdad
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Still no solution on my end. A prepaid T-Mobile Sim installed in the dual SIM did not work, going to Best Buy geek squad where they factory reset it did not work. Smart switch does not work.
0 Likes
Goomysdad
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Finally I found my only solution to upgrade from Android 12 to Android 14, UI 6.0... Side load it using Odin with the firmware from sammobile. Summary of what did not work: phone's settings update, geek squad factory reset, prepaid T-Mobile Sim, smart switch.
0 Likes