JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra: How to connect an external 3.5mm mic?

(Topic created: 04-19-2022 03:48 AM)
mattc_uk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Since there's no longer a 3.5mm headphone (and mic) socket on Galaxy phones like the S21, what's the best way to attach my external lav mic which has a 3.5mm jack?

I see there are USB-C adapters out there, but the reviews are varied and it's not clear which ones will/won't work with the S21. Is there a good/reliable choice on Amazon (UK) that I can buy to do this?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mattc_uk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks. Here's a link to the UK store if anyone needs it; https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/type-c-adapter-ee-uc10-ee-uc10juwegww/

The reviews for the adapter are very poor on both the US & UK stores.. saying it's flimsy, broke quickly, and suffered noise issues. You shouldn't really expect such problems with an official £10 adapter from Samsung!

View solution in context

4 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
You need a Dongle that has DAC (digital-to-audio converter). Most aftermarket dongles do not have DAC, therefore they will not work. In my experience, which I purchased four or five dongles, not every seller is familiar with DAC and it's hit or miss when you buy it.
0 Likes
Solution
mattc_uk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks. Here's a link to the UK store if anyone needs it; https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/type-c-adapter-ee-uc10-ee-uc10juwegww/

The reviews for the adapter are very poor on both the US & UK stores.. saying it's flimsy, broke quickly, and suffered noise issues. You shouldn't really expect such problems with an official £10 adapter from Samsung!

DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
My brother got Apple's USB-C to 3.5mm jack adapter and that worked with his flip 3 and then his S21 Ultra
Wasn't too expensive either surprisingly
Build quality seems to be pretty alright on it