JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra update causing app crashes, battery drainage and other issues

(Topic created: 09-17-2021 09:10 AM)
sanchez2012
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Since the last update on September 10th I've had several issues.   Anyone else experiencing any issues? Also seems my battery is draining faster 😪 

10 Replies
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

several issues? what kind of issues? 

submit an error report on members app > + button > error report 

0 Likes
sanchez2012
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Apps crashing frequently, battery drain faster than normal, and picture quality issues.
Options
Galaxy S21
My Dayband app for Kore-trak health tracker keeps failing to start but besides this I haven't found anything else yet! Anyone have any suggestions besides deleting cache and data, removing, reboot and reinstalling, not running ontop of other programs. Help! I can NO longer sync! Any ideas?
0 Likes
Ddelafuente21
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm also having the same issues since the September update. It's also a lot warmer than usual too.
sanchez2012
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, mine as well. I'm hopeful this is gonna clear up with the new program coming.
0 Likes
user6iGuGUcaEh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Having severe artifacting issues on my s21 ultra since update, although I'm not sure its related to the update. 

Samsung already replaced my screen and mainboard and sent it back to me, but I'm still experiencing the same artifacting in text and other apps. (lines and letters being "stretched" and just utter chaos, like triangles and weirds shapes in applications like waze and others, this really seems gpu related)

I'm at a loss here, already sent it back in for repair for the second time. At this rate I just want my money back -.-20210907_095028.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi, I am sorry you are experiencing all these issues, and can understand the frustration it causes. If you are having issues with any apps freezing or crashing, even after updates, there are a few things you can try to resolve your problem. Clearing the app cache, checking if the app is compatible with your device, rebooting your device, optimizing your device, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and even checking for additional updates are all things that may help. Try these steps here for the crashing apps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001496/

For the power issues, there are ways to maximize battery life on your device. These steps will help do that: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078987/

For display issues, we have resources to troubleshoot that as well: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001479/

Give these a shot, and please let me know if this helps!

paullywannakrackah
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Here Also, battery drainage, web, and apps crashing.
0 Likes
sanchez2012
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hopefully this is just gonna be some bugs they have to work out and we all get back the quality we paid for.
0 Likes