Original topic:

S21 screen black out and disppointed customer service

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
user4eQoYGhR0U
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

This afternoon, I left my Samsung phone aside while it was playing videos. Shortly afterward, I noticed the sound was still playing, but the screen had gone completely black—and no matter what I tried, it wouldn’t turn back on.

Here are the symptoms:

• The phone vibrates once when plugged into a charger.
  • It vibrates once when I hold the volume up/down and power buttons for 15-20 seconds.
  • Wireless charging seems to work as the charger light indicates it's charging.
  • No physical damage, no water damage, no cracks, and no broken parts.

I took the phone to a Samsung authorized repair center, where I was told that it was a screen malfunction, and the only solution was to replace the entire screenwith $400—almost like replacing the entire phone, just transferring the motherboard to the new unit. After speaking with the technician and doing some research, I was shocked to find that this issue is common and pervasive for many Samsung users around the world.

I then contacted Samsung's online customer service, hoping they would recognize that this was a pervasive design or manufacturing flaw, not a user error. I expected Samsung to take responsibility and offer to cover the repair, but instead, I was met with an incredibly slow response and was essentially told that nothing could be done because the phone is out of warranty.

Does Samsung seriously believe it's acceptable for a premium phone to fail after just a few years? It’s starting to feel like Samsung intentionally designed its phones to force customers to buy new ones every two to three years.

The most ridiculous part? The customer service agent offered me a "discount" as compensation for a new phone. When I asked about getting a discount on the Galaxy Z Fold 6, I was told that because it’s the latest model, no discounts could be applied. Instead, I was encouraged to catch the fall sale and no discount/promo to offer for any phones! How is that supposed to count as "compensation"?

As a loyal Samsung customer who has bought 5 flagship phones, 2 watches, 5 earbuds, 1 tablet, and multiple accessories—not to mention my plan to buy Samsung home appliances when I move into my new home—I am deeply disappointed. In the past, Samsung’s customer service was helpful and genuinely cared about its users to satisfy all their experiences. Unfortunately, that level of support has drastically declined, and I now feel forced to look for alternatives.

I’m hoping this message reaches someone who truly understands customer loyalty and the importance of standing behind your products.

6 Replies
SenseiKayJayy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
It sounds like a glitch. Is everything else working on the screen?
0 Likes
user4eQoYGhR0U
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes or no. I use another phone to make a call and the dead screen one can still pick it.

However, when I try to use fingerprint or face recognition to unlock it, it seems not work.

I'm connecting it with a monitor and keyboard, the screen can work as a "mouse" and seems everything good, except the screen is all black.

0 Likes
SenseiKayJayy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
And yes samsung support can be a hassle some times and im not a big fan of it. So i know exactly where your coming from
SenseiKayJayy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Your lcd probably went you just need to replace it. I normally replace my own screens thats oem parts. I mean of course the screen is bad. but if etc else working then you should take it to a store like (u break i fix) and everything should be fine. Just needs a new screen
3Fees
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
There are several companies that repair phones. Get 2 to 3 opinions and cost estimates, it may be cheaper than you think. I have seen several videos on YouTube of technicians repairing dead phones that service centers could not do.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
ChrisloveLG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm on my third Samsung S21 because my screen went out on the first two. When I took the first one back to Tmoble they told me they don't repair or replace phones. My phone is on my son's business account which has eight phones and a couple tablets. That didn't seem to make any difference to them and they were quite rude about it. I was told I would receive a replacement from Samsung the next day but that didn't happen either. When I did receive the phone the Tmoble employ told me there was no way to transfer my data since the screen was blank, everything else worked. I went to my car and did a USB transfer while sitting in their parking lot. The second phone I had to also wait a couple days for and the little girl , employ at a different tmoble store walked over an grabbed a laptop and transfered every bit of my data. The whole situation really tucked and no one really give a **bleep**. I also had to pay $100 deductible each time. They also wanted my phone to return to Samsung. I told them I wasn't giving them my phone unless they could erase all .y data that includes all my financial apps, bank, credit cards etc... I had ten days to return it the first time so I disassembled the phone and kept the board out of it. The second time they wouldn't even give the new phone until I give them my old phone. I think both parties, Tmoble and Samsung really suck at customer service or support. I really hate this phone but I wouldn't dare tell my son that knowing what he paid for this **bleep**. I can't wait until I'm due for an upgrade, I promise you it want be a Samsung.
0 Likes