Original topic:

S21 ultra 5G Update

(Topic created: 07-07-2021 04:01 PM)
Godnikkon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
After the June 1st security update. I can no longer connect or play on anything including the phone. Even a silly game like among us isn't able to go into the public domain to join a game. Also when using my Hotspot my Playstation can't figure out my nat type. It always says nat type failed. I have decent internet speeds. I'm on t-mobile with an unlocked phone. Everything worked great before the update. 
0 Likes
9 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Try clearing your System Cache.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Godnikkon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Did try that and it didn't fix the issue. I'll take more suggestions. I also reset network settings and tried a factory reset.
0 Likes
Godnikkon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Tried that and it didn't help. Also have done a binary reflash.
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

are you talking about Bluetooth? have you tried it in safe mode? 

submit an error report on members app > + button > error report if you think it's a software issue

and also, check the software update in the settings, July update should be released

0 Likes
Godnikkon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Nope using either USB tether or wifi Hotspot. Also system says I'm up to date with June 1st update
0 Likes
userzXHtlCrLji
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I know this is old, but I have been having the same problem. Did you ever find a way to fix it?
0 Likes
Godnikkon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
After the July update I was able to Hotspot and play games on 4G. Still can't on 5G.
userzXHtlCrLji
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Same as me then. I thought it was t-mobile, but I get nat type 2 with other phones on 5G while with the s21 always fails on 5G. I guess it's up to samsung to fix it... Thank you for answering.
0 Likes
Godnikkon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
You're welcome
0 Likes