JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SOS message needs countdown to prevent false alarms

(Topic created: 04-20-2021 02:26 PM)
Pablo3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I would like to suggest to add a countdown before an SOS message is sent (like the iPhone). I had to turn off SOS messages as I have found myself activating it by accident a couple of times. 

SOS messages triggered whenever power button is pressed 3-4 times rapidly. It's quite easy to active it by accident while been a bit asleep, for example.

Also, SOS messages are sent in silent mode. This is good if you are being kidnapped or something like that, but very bad as you can trigger it by accident and don't realize it.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey @Pablo3, I hope you're doing well.

SOS messages actually do have a 10 second countdown in which you have a chance to cancel. As you said, this is handy for those moments that you accidentally trigger an SOS.

Maybe a toggle needs to be added to add a vibration (probably safest) or tone to confirm something has happened.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Pablo3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

You're right. It does have a 10 second countdown, but is completely silent so it useful only if you are looking into the screen, which I would say is the less likely scenario.

Samsung should add a longer countdown (10 seconds seems too short) and a high-volume alert. Or at least give the possibility to configure whether the user prefers it silent or not.

0 Likes