Original topic:

Samsung Email app dysfunctioning (Nov 7 2023)

(Topic created: 11-07-2023 10:14 AM)
RBinPerson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello--

Just today (Nov. 7, 2023) my Samsung Email app is dysfunctioning on the Galaxy S21. It's forgetting the email account passwords every half hour. Emails can't be received or sent without "verifying account" and when I try to do that, it doesn't go to the screens where you can change or enter passwords. I have to completely delete the email account and then add it again, and re-set up the account. This has happened repeatedly today. I even tried uninstalling the email app and reinstalling it. I tried deleting the app's cache. What's going on? Does the app need an update? Anyone else experiencing this?

Raymond

175 Replies
Members_IwTSegD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Just spoke with Xfinity technical dept and they are aware of this problem and are working to resolve it.  They gave me a $20.61 credit on my account because of the inconvenience.

Members_QW5sUAW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Really?  It's an Xfinity issue?  Interesting since 2 out of the 3 Xfinity email accounts don't work on my Ultra 23, but one of them does work fine.  hmm...

0 Likes
arizonaniseguy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

wow, you got a refund from xfinity.  thats impressive.

Members_QW5sUAW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

My Samsung email app stopped synching my main email and my Mom's (on my phone) but my daughter's, also on my phone, still synchs properly.  I have Xfinity email and it works fine on all other devices.  Please fix this - I really need my email to work.

0 Likes
user0zoEdCkEMD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

same issue with both my tablet and phone. desktop is fine. how to fix this?

0 Likes
userKYgRJ38WjG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same problems, xfinity email S22Ultra. If I knew it was an application issue, I would change apps. Can anyone confirm if it is Samsung App issue or an Xfinity issue?
0 Likes
ACahMak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I have not reported the problem to Xfinity yet, as I assumed it was an App issue. I haven't heard back yet from Samsung. For those of you who may not be familiar, you can use Xfinity Mail on your Android Web Browser and copy that link to your Home Screen for easy access. On Chrome, open the Xfinity email page, then hit the 3 dots on the top right. Select Add to Home Screen, and it will pop up with an Icon and a name you can edit. Then hit Add, and you'll see an new Icon on your home screen. On Samsung Internet browser, you would select the 3 bars at the top right and then select Add Page To, then select Home Screen.
Nobes2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Same! But only with my Xfinity email address - not Gmail. And the Xfinity email works fine through Outlook on my laptop. Spent half an hour with Xfinity tech yesterday and they THINK it may be something to do with space/memory in the Samsung app. Why do most updates seem to create issues? One would think they would be tested well before rolling out.... 🙂

userZD5WJOVXcC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
App will sync Gmail account on demand. 
After removing and reinstalling Comcast email account, it stops syncing after 1 hour. 
Have done all the usual troubleshooting. 
jillijill126
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Me too! Help
0 Likes