Original topic:

SmartThingsFind

(Topic created: yesterday)
Lennyy777
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Anyone know when will Samsung bring back the Remote Unlock option on Smartthingsfind??? 
I been locked out of my newer phone and sucks i cant get back on, seriously don't wanna lose my data on there. 
I been waiting all year long to see if maybe they'll bring back the option...
It's just too bad these newer phones don't have SD Cards šŸ˜• 
2 Replies
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

I don't think it's coming back as the option was removed due to security reasons.

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
If you reset your phone and restore your backup, you shouldn't lose any of your data. You can force a reset without password by: if it's on, pressing and holding the volume up and power buttons and letting go when the Sameung logo appears on the screen and allowing the phone to boot to recovery mode. Navigate to "reset phone" by using the vol up or down buttons. Select by pressing the power button. Confirm the appropriate response with the volume buttons and select with the power buttons. The phone will reset. If it asks to reboot, select with the power button, let the phone reboot and then log into your Google and Samsung accounts, allow Google to restore your photos and contacts, then restore your Samsung backup. You can then set your new password/pin/fingerprint and your phone will be as it was. If you used a temp device over the past year, you've been waiting, either use Smart Switch to transfer your stuff over or selectivly restore items from that phone's backup. If your phone is off or dead, charge it, and boot it up in the same manner as the reboot: presss and hold the vol up and power buttons and go through the actions outlined above.
0 Likes