Original topic:

Software update "Your current software version isn't supported"?

(Topic created: a week ago)
userTOmjoXDs2y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I just bought a new S21 from a seller on Ebay. After I had set up the phone and had everything working properly, I went to Software Update and got this message:

Screenshot_20240829_222943_Software update.jpg

I wrote the seller and got this message:

"Hi, Samsung was having a huge issue with the S21's becoming bricked when updating them so they arent allowing the S21s to be updated to avoid the phone becoming unusable."

Is this true? What should I do?

Brian

7 Replies
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't think so.. maybe someone else will reply who knows more than me but i do not think so. So, is he causally admitting the device is bricked. I would demand your money back that seems like bad faith transaction
Options
Galaxy S21
And the seller didn't tell you that before you bought it? Nice guy...not. I hope you can get a refund. And, what he said about Samsung not allowing s21s to be updated doesn't sound right at all, because my son has an s21 fe and that's been updated monthly. Plus, I see on here people saying that their s21s got updates. Seems shady.
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Just throwing ideas any could be right the phone maybe locked or unpaid check in network if locked or not if locked check the imei as for the updates I have heard conflicted news on when the s21 updates will end some ssy android 15 be last and monthly updates after other hand seen reported that the updates got extended so can't say for sure on that
0 Likes
3Fees
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Who is your carrier ?
The latest software is G991USQUCGXGA, 20240729
Several YouTube videos on how to fix this. Reflash your phone with the correct software.

From Samsung forums in eu.
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-galaxy-s-series/your-current-software-version-isn-t-suppor...

Problem solved.

Cheers
3Fees
userTOmjoXDs2y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I forgot to mention that my carrier is T-Mobile. Does that make a difference?

meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Each carrier gets the same updates
BruZZi
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21