JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Status bar hides itself

(Topic created: 06-16-2023 07:12 PM)
userkM9bXFktz0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

It has been a day or so but my status bar with clock, notification icons and sound, wifi, network and battery icons hides itself in the home screen. When I open am app it shows up again. This is only home screen.

I did a soft reset of all setting and that didn't help. I also checked that status bar was not hidden in the settings.

Anyone know how to solve this? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userkM9bXFktz0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
OK it was my nova launcher. It had a setting for hiding status bar. Once I found it everything now works. Thank you!

View solution in context

2 Replies
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

If you're experiencing an issue where the status bar with the clock, notification icons, and other system indicators is hiding itself on your home screen, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Restart your device: Begin by restarting your device. Sometimes, temporary software glitches can cause issues like this, and a simple restart can resolve them.

2. Check settings: Double-check the settings on your device to ensure that the status bar is not set to be hidden. Navigate to the "Display" or "Notifications" settings, depending on your device, and look for an option related to the status bar. Make sure it's enabled.

3. Disable full-screen mode: Some launchers or apps have a full-screen mode that hides the status bar to provide a more immersive experience. Swipe down from the top of your screen to access the Quick Settings panel and look for an option to disable full-screen mode. If you can't find it there, check the app settings for the specific launcher or app you're using.

4. Clear cache and data of launcher: If the issue persists, you can try clearing the cache and data of your launcher app. Go to the Settings app, then navigate to "Apps" or "App Manager." Look for your launcher app in the list of installed apps and select it. From there, you should find options to clear the cache and data. Keep in mind that this might reset your launcher settings, so you may need to set up your home screen again afterward.

5. Reset home screen layout: Another option is to reset your home screen layout to its default settings. The steps for doing this may vary depending on your device and launcher. Typically, you can do this by long-pressing on an empty area of the home screen, selecting "Home settings" or "Launcher settings," and looking for an option to reset the layout.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there might be a bug or compatibility issue with the specific launcher or device software version you're using. In such cases, you may need to consider contacting the device manufacturer's support or seeking assistance from a technical expert to further investigate and resolve the problem.

0 Likes
Solution
userkM9bXFktz0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
OK it was my nova launcher. It had a setting for hiding status bar. Once I found it everything now works. Thank you!