JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is happening to my charger?!

(Topic created: 01-14-2024 01:56 AM)
wendi0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So, i was waking up, in the middle of the night, (about 3:00 to 4:00 AM) and i noticed my tablet was not charging, yes it was plugged in, its very weird because it happens often. But despite my efforts trying to get the charger to do its job, it was not budging, im not sure if its where i bought the charger, (i bought it at five below) or if its the charger in general, because i know its not the tablet, ive been checking my battery life and overall status multiple times. And all it says is good reports! So i have no idea whats happening, but atleast the tablet is at 100%. Hopefully its just because the tablet is full charged, like a new update of not letting you overcharge, because i got this only a few weeks ago.. but i just wanted to know if others had this problem along with me.(also i was only up in the middle of the night cuz i couldnt sleep 🥲)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@wendi0 It is most likely the charger. I'm guessing that Five below may not sell high quality chargers. 

Try a different charger and cable. A Samsung or Anker will be much more reliable. 

View solution in context

6 Replies
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
If I am reading this correctly, the tablet is at 100% battery, but you're questioning why it doesn't charge? It will not charge more than 100%. However, if you use it while plugged in, it will continue to trickle charge and up to 100%.
wendi0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Sorry, in my post i said that it was not charging at 100% but it usually shows a lightning bolt when charging right? Well it was not this time, and still staying at 100% also its different when i stated "it usually happens" because in that situation i would have to flip the cord, plug it in, and flip the cord and then it would charge and it would be below 100%
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
When it is fully charged to 100%, the lightning bolt isn't shown on the battery icon.
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@wendi0 It is most likely the charger. I'm guessing that Five below may not sell high quality chargers. 

Try a different charger and cable. A Samsung or Anker will be much more reliable. 

wendi0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you for the advice, i will find a new charger and cable and soon update you on what happens, again, thank you.
0 Likes
wendi0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Okay, i have went out and bought a charger from the samsung galaxy store, whatever you call it, and my tablet is now working thank you for the advice, @LongHiker.