JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sumsung pay stop working

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 09:22 AM)
userKOvCiqjalm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

It is been a while, sumsung pay doesn't work at all. Stuck in the verification pin...can't use it, even i have tried to reset sumsung pay, but it didn't allow me to do it. Turn off the phone and on, still same thing. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
MEECHYBOSS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Did you check and make sure that it need an update for that software I can do is go into the gallery store and go to my apps and look for updates that could be it too
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
Use mobile data not wifi
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

type of network connection shouldn't affect the app's usage. 

Update, probably and more likely.

Please share the device's model number, software version and the app's version. Thanks.

You can also delete any updates that was installed and re install the updates; or simply re-install the app as a whole if it lets you.

Go to App in the settings and clear cache and data for S.Pay app then re-setup the account.

if none of these help then submit error report to Samsung Members soon after the issue is reproduced.

0 Likes
MizitBad
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
My play store says my device is not compatible with Samsung Pay App which makes no sense at all cuz I do have a Samsung Galaxy A11...so what does that mean or what do I do about it??
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi, I am sorry you are having difficulty with the Samsung Pay application. Unfortunately, the A11 series does not have the NFC chip necessary for the use of Samsung Pay, and is therefore not compatible. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you need to troubleshoot the application, you can try clearing its cache and data. The guide for doing that is here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

Also, see if wiping your cache partition might help. The steps are:

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select

Finally, your app could be misbehaving due to a third-party application. The best way to test for that is with Safe Mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Please let me know if this helps.