JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Text messages not delivering

(Topic created: 01-31-2023 02:03 PM)
nthnu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
On my S21 (unlocked, Verizon, fully updated) I can send a long text to another S21 but it never delivers. If I send same long message to an LG or iPhone the message is delivered. I can send messages under 160 characters no problem. Any ideas?
0 Likes
8 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Can that other s21 get phone calls from you? Just want to make sure you are not blocked on their end

0 Likes
nthnu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Phone calls work.
If i send an sms under 160 characters it's fine. The longer ones always fail.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@nthnu So this is one specific S21? It probably points to that device using the wrong APN or an SMS APN configuration issue at the carrier.

0 Likes
kmojo083
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I am having the same issue with my S21, however it's not delivering to iPhones if over 160 characters
0 Likes
nthnu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm using the stock Messages app and came across a tip.

Text messages over 160 characters still don't send. It's very inconvenient, but if I add a subject to the text message, it converts it to MMS and it sends.

I also have a ticket in with Verizon.
0 Likes
nthnu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
This is what my APN shows Screenshot_20230216_081201_Settings_1000002211_1676556727.jpg
0 Likes
Wecia2906
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have this same issue. I can not send a text over 160 characters to anyone. I found out my issue, maybe it's yours as well and this helps. I contacted Samsung and found out that on their end it shows my phone is not updated to the newest software. On my phone it states that it is. They told me my phone somehow got out of sync with their servers. To fix this you can take your phone to a best buy and get them to connect the phone to a computer that has samsung software so it can get back in sync. This service should be free of charge. 

0 Likes
Solution
nthnu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I was gonna wait to see if it truly fixed it before posting.
I ended up getting replacement SIM cards for both phones on Monday and so far messages over 160 characters are going through.