JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Troubles with adding a new debit card in Samsung wallet

(Topic created: 04-21-2024 11:06 AM)
CIII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm having trouble loading a new debit card in my account. I was sent a new card with the same number but different security code and expiration date. I deleted the old card and the new card will not load up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
7 Replies
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
First, there is no Samsung Pay App any longer as the app has been incorporated into the Samsung Wallet App. Pull up your app list, and then long press on Samsung Wallet so you can get into the settings. Next, tap on Storage, and then Clear Cache and then Clear Data. That should set you free!
0 Likes
CIII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok, I do realize that the app has changed. My question is because the Samsung app also contains my sign info for a number of apps etc . When I clear data won't I lose that info as well? I appreciate all your help truly. 🙏🏿
0 Likes
Solution
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, it will clear your sign-in on your phone. It should be backed up. Open the wallet app, tap on the ALL, tap the 3 dots, settings, Accounts and Syncing, make sure you are signed in your Samsung Account, make sure Sync with Samsung Account is toggled on. It will only back up your pass data, not wallet/ cards.
0 Likes
CIII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you so very much 🙏🏿
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

It has always been my understanding that once the card is in your wallet, changes get updated automatically - I usually get a push notification that my card has been updated. I never once had to update a card, even when sent a new one if it was already in my wallet.  Your bank knows your card is associated with a digital wallet (it has to grant permission) and sends any updated information to the wallet.  I even had this happen when a card was replaced (new number and everything) due to misappropriation.  You don't need the security code in a wallet anyway, that code is just to prove you have physical possession of the card when making an online purchase.

CIII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I thank you for taking the time to help me 😊
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Also, if you deleted the card and can't add it back, you can try adding it back by importing it, or going to your banking app and adding the card from the bank side. It's usually found in your account management tools.
0 Likes