JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Where is the SD card Slot on the S21 5G?

(Topic created: 01-31-2021 08:42 AM)
Options
Galaxy S21

Why SD card where you need see s21 5G 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
the SD card function has been removed from the S21 line of products, But you can get Storage from the Onedrive option

View solution in context

11 Replies
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
the SD card function has been removed from the S21 line of products, But you can get Storage from the Onedrive option
Options
Galaxy S21
The one time cost SD card storage was removed to promote the recurring cost model of Onedrive storage. HORRIBLE solution as unlike local storage the cloud storage option is NOT always available AND COSTS MORE.
shukujo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

The s21s don't have a slot for an SD card; that's why I opted for the 512gb internal storage model of the s21 ultra 5g. I was a bit skeptical at first, but 512gb is A LOT of space,  so I don't I'll miss it

Options
Galaxy S21
ok
0 Likes
EatherSpace
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Was ready to buy two 512 S21 Ultras, one for me, one for my wife, and the lack of SD card support was the deal breaker. Why should I downgrade my storage? Cloud is NOT the same as having local storage. The speed of SD storage is not an issue, the lack of SD storage is the issue.
It stinks to be stuck in 512 and having to rely on the cloud! I use cloud storage, yes, but as a backup, because it is never efficient enough or easily accessible. You want slow storage? You want spotty storage retrieval? Go with cloud.
No SD card slot, no buy.

Options
Galaxy S21
no
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Selvin20000 @EatherSpace @shukujo USB-C flash drives are also an option, and pretty cheap. I'm personally not going to miss having an SD card.

bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Same here.  I've got 400gb more left on my Ultra than I ever used with an SD card but I do realize that everyone's different in their use.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userZByh4uyCjq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Bring back the SD card slots.     Here's why

Cloud Storage does not work for Apps.  

Cloud Storage is a recurring charge

Once you own the phone, and did not opt for more memory, you're stuck.

The price of 512G of memory build in is more expensive that the price of SD memory.

S21 Ultra on you web-site does not have a 512G option.

I am considering the A52  because it has a SD card slot, but no wireless charging.  Hmm.  Samsung.. Please don't tell us that we don't need a SD card, that should be our decision on what we need/want.