Original topic:

Why did they change Samsung health?

(Topic created: 09-21-2023 04:34 PM)
useryOTEywbJ9x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I go out walking regularly for exercise and use Samsung health to track myself. Recently, Samsung Health has stopped reporting distance Samsung Health has stopped reporting distance as as one of the reported stats during exercise. I've reported this to Samsung and they told me how to change fields so distance should be reported, but it doesn't work. Does anybody else have an issue like this? And if not, how do I fix this?
7 Replies
userOiO0myVwv5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
If you're looking for miles tap steps
0 Likes
lanswerquestions
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Get a galaxy watch or make sure your location is on
0 Likes
useryOTEywbJ9x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
So, to have the functionality that the app eliminated in an update I have to buy another piece of equipment?! Is that called progress or piracy? If I have something that works, an update shouldn't remove any important features. It should add features, possibly requiring additional equipment. But the standard features should remain available. šŸ‘ŒšŸ½
0 Likes
useryOTEywbJ9x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
By the way, I use location all the time during my travels. It's always on.
0 Likes
AMwalker
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
My Samsung health started out telling me number of miles number of steps, time, and approximate miles per hour, it has since stopped giving me my approximate miles per hour, and yesterday stopped giving me the number of miles completed all by voice
0 Likes
TimberWood
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same issue on my Galaxy S9+.  My phone no longer announces the steps, my heart rate, distance traveled, etc, through my Galaxy Earbuds.  I have not changed any setting on my watch or phone and cannot find any information from Samsung concerning the elimination of this voice function announcing workout progressions.  I have reviewed all relevant setting and everything appears to be set correctly.  Has anybody read / heard about this function being eliminated by Samsung?

userRgv05w5Z2j
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
We have the same problem on our Samsung. It fails to report miles per hour as you walk or run. None of the instructions that come up address this issue directly. This was one of the principal reasons for using Samsung Health. It was easy, straightforward, and simple. The developers got in and messed it up.
0 Likes