Original topic:

problem with TING provider

(Topic created: Wednesday)
CAvM49
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I recently changed from AT&T to TING, I keep losing all APN configurations every time my S21 updates. My phone is unlocked. TING support says it is a glitch Samsung should correct, all S phones have this problem. Today another person at TING told me to use SmartSwitch to upgrade to a so called "version 49" software or App, which I do no see after downloading SmartSwitch to my desktop. I am using the latest 14 software version.

I guess other people are facing this problem with TING.

Thanks for any input on this.

CAvM49

5 Replies
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Could be a port issue or you need to change or adjust the app settings
0 Likes
CAvM49
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, I talked to TING representatives, they guided me to the right APN configurations. The problem is that I lose those correct configurtations for TING/Verizon every time the system upgrades, or when I have to do a reset of the phone. Thanks.

0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Shouldn't be changing after a update first time I heard if this on a previous phone I didn't have this happen when I ported unlocked phone got me puzzled
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
This may help in network settings goto network operator and un select the select automatically option it should search for network or if it doesn't choose yours
0 Likes
CAvM49
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

This is the problem, it does not select anyone because it does not find any network operator by itself. Ting works with Verizon, so it is a very special situation. I have to write down 3 different APN settings each time the phone reboots for any reason, like with a software update. Thanks.

0 Likes