Original topic:

6.1 UI update on S22 Ultra

(Topic created: a month ago)
corncab
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yesterday, June 28 about 4.40 pm., I finally decided to upgrade my S22 Ultras to 6.1. I did mine first. Unlocked version, no problems, but starting with the May update on my wife's T-MOBILE version, the touch screen wouldn't respond. It immediately downloaded the next update, and I proceeded to install it, thinking that would solve the problem. I had to do this using the S-pen. After the 6.1 UI update, it still only responds to the S- pen. 
I also noticed that my 'phone diagnostics' under 'Device care' was missing as well as the clock icon.
Now my phone on restart is stuck on the Tmobile logo, I've cleared catche. At one point it came off the logo and went to screen and told me to clear App data. I didn't want to do that yet, and now on restart., it is permanently stuck on T-mobile logo.

Any help would be appreciated. My wife is mad at me now as she didn't want to update yet, but I forced the issue, as mine went with no problems. 
14 Replies
corncab
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
It appeared to do a factory reset and I was in the middle of restoration when it suddenly turned off, battery was charged, and wouldn't restart. I had to do another factory reset and it's been stuck in the dreaded 'ONE UI, 100%, OPTIMIZING APPS' SCREEN FOR THE LAST 2 HOURS.
0 Likes
Steelwolf100
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
So I haven't had any luck with gaining touch functionality back. But if you use a wired USB mouse it's give you a cursor to navigate through the phone. I'm ATM treating. Mine as a dex mode device. Since it still work fully as that a computer till the matter ever gets resolved.
0 Likes
corncab
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Forgot to mention, during the attempted restoration touch did not respond, I had to use the S-pen. Left it overnight, came back to screen 'retry...clear app data',. Retried it again and the Tmobile welcome chime came on and it booted into safe mode. Message said 'something went wrong trying to factory reset, save data and try resetting again'.
I give up. Will take it to UbreakIfix. I think Samsung should pay for my repairs. :gorilla:
0 Likes
ihateapplephones
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

On 08/06/2024 
after updating my S22 i got no service ,non of the sims are working either physical as well as e-sim.
now I'm totally broken now.

thankyou

0 Likes
Xtina956
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Has nothing to do with Sim. I've replaced my Sim card like I was told by carrier. Everytime there's an update I can't make receive calls or text..I don't have no mobile network. Only way to use my phone with is with wifi and wifi calling. Samsung declined to help because my phone is almost 2years old and 1year warranty on device has expired. It's a software issue. Att offered to file claim and pay deductible of $275 and get a replacement which is bs because why should I have to pay deductible if I did nothing to phone and it is in great condition. Only option I have at end of month is to upgrade device which is cheaper than the $275.. I've been having this issue since April. Everytime there's an update
0 Likes