Original topic:

AT&T dropped calls

(Topic created: 11-28-2023 07:27 AM)
DrMel
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Is anyone else not able to use their Galaxy 22 on the AT&T network due to this last software update. Since the update, I have missed hundreds of calls and texts when I wasn't near wifi because the phone keeps saying my SIM isn't registered. 
12 Replies
MrSmith23rd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, after I did the last software update I can't go to my text messages, call logs, my contacts, and it been killing my battery and AT&T told me that I needed to talk to Samsung customer service and they are trying to fix it
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you heard anything more about your issues?
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

do you have a carrier branded phone, or unlocked from Samsung? it seems to be an issue with phones locked with AT&T.

NDFan772
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

same issues with my phone on verizon

DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung is aware of the issue and is working with AT&T on a fix. Until that time, Samsung suggests that you download, install, and use the Google Phone app (Not to be confused with Google Voice).

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/Phone-app-Crashing-after-One-UI-6-0-up...
Options
Galaxy S22
Just wondering if there's a fix yet?
0 Likes
TriciaJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issues with t-mobile. Went to t-mobile store and they said I needed new phone. I'd rather try to fix the phone I have before spending money on a new one if it isn't necessary.
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, I understand what you mean! Seems like these providers want to do the easiest way out, instead of fixing the phones -- like maybe they should, but don't want to?
0 Likes
Shodan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I would not hold my breath on either side stating that they are going to "fix" it. Back in June I had the software update interrupted error message issue and I received the same message from both sides that they are claiming to fix it and long story short neither one was actually fixing it. It was just a placeholder response so they could move on to the next customer and I found that out the hard way. Besides all of the previous workarounds like downloading Google phone app, has anyone tried uninstalling/ disabling all of ATT bloatware including the call Protect app? I saw on a Reddit page that someone disabled the call Protect app from AT&T and restarted the phone and that seem to have fixed the phone app. I personally am not experiencing this issue even though I have an s22 on AT&T but I did however uninstalled/ disabled all of AT&T's bloatware the second I got the phone which including the call Protect app. I also saw something about deleting Secured Folder to fix this call issue. Maybe this will help.