Original topic:

Agreed with this poster on Google

(Topic created: 06-06-2024 08:15 PM)
userAuL6ZMGq17
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
"For years, I have been triggering Google Assistant through holding home button. Sometimes I don't want to trigger it by the voice and I want to just type something in it instead. Everything was fine until Google suddenly removed this feature and added Circle to search instead. At least bring the option to trigger Assistant through holding home button.

While Circle to search feature is cool, I have no use of it, especially not everytime after pressing home button.

I am using 3 button navigation and have no intentions to move to gesture based navigation just to have option to trigger assistant through the gesture.

I really really hope Google will consider and will bring back option to trigger Google assistant through the holding home button" -Mer S
6 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Circle to search is holding the home button and Google assistant is holding and swiping up
1717730386971.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Options
Galaxy S22
Even if you press home button to bring circle to search. You can still press the mic for google assistant. Is an extra step but can be done
userAuL6ZMGq17
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
This is what mine looks like. Even when I try to use the mic, it just does a Google search of whatever I say. 1717759257572.jpg
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
You can add the Google Assistant icon to the Apps edge panel.

OR

Download Good Lock and install the RegiStar plug-in. You can now assign Google Assistant to either a long press on the side button, a double tap on the back of the phone, or a triple tap on the back of the phone.1717758574850.jpg1717758574880.jpg
0 Likes
userra
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22