Original topic:

Blurry incoming photos in messages

(Topic created: 05-24-2024 06:12 AM)
GramJanDecker
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

After the recent update my incoming photos on text messaging are very blurry. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the update but I need some help figuring it out.

24 Replies
EllieRose602
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same issue here on my S24. No problems before, and this started suddenly. 

For me it's the worst when screenshots or photos of text are shared.

It happens in both directions to/from my phone. I've sent my hsbd screenshots of text chats or recipes and he can't make out the text. He has a several year old droid.

But this also happens when I receive screenshots or photos of printed text from my son's iPhone (newest version) and a siblings iPhone (several years old).

My mother is currently in a short term nursing home for physical rehabilitation, so my siblings and I have been trying to share things from texts, or photos of ppwk, that not everyone rec'd initially. 

I can do a lot via computer, but not all my siblings have access to one so this is really frustrating for me....

I've only had my new phone 7 months...I loved it till now ā˜¹ļø

0 Likes
Members_3lKue6n
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same issue on my A15. Blurry photos and can't play videos sent to me. Only time I get good photos is if an RCS android user sends to me. Apple photos or MMS chat photos are blurry. I also uploaded the update and started having issue after that. 

0 Likes
RDJIndustries
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the same issue, S22 Ultra. My wife sent me several photos. All blurry. I then tested a theory and had her send me just one photo, perfectly fine. It's only when several photos are sent via MMS. Same as Amusey stated.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

The SMS and MMS system cannot handle too large of a file size.  You can try sending 1 picture at a time, or make sure not to use the 200MP option when taking photos, as those will max out the system with just 1 image, and cause a reduction.

This has been happening since Text Messages were invented, it is not some new issue caused by an update.

0 Likes
HereToServe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I chatted with samsung.com/us/support/... and they suggested a =>SETTINGS RESET<= NOT a =>FACTORY RESET<=. It worked for me (once at least), S22.

Reset settings/Phone settings. This will reset your settings. You can do that from Settings> General management> Reset> Reset all Settings. A settings reset will return the device's settings to the factory default settings without deleting data. Any customizations you have made to your device, such as ringtone, will be discarded.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes