Original topic:

Blurry incoming photos in messages

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
GramJanDecker
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

After the recent update my incoming photos on text messaging are very blurry. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the update but I need some help figuring it out.

15 Replies
joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Is it specific to any people, devices, or is it in general? Do they look normal on the sender's device?
Js55
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Normal on the senders device. Some come over ok, some don't. No rhyme or reason yet
0 Likes
Nelly93
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I've noticed this as well, it only started happening after I updated to the one ui 6.1 which I received on the 10th and I have a phone from the S22 line as well (a S22+). Everything was fine before the update. It's only when someone sends me pics they are blurry. When I take pics with my camera they're just fine...so that's how I know it's nothing wrong with my camera. I think they may have messed something up with that update, hopefully another update rolls out soon and this issue is fixed.
Melfore
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Any updates on this? I can't pin the issue. Brother in law sent me pictures on a group text Saturday around 1pm and they were fine. Then later that night on the same group text sent other pictures which are ultra blurry. He has an android.
StevenM868891
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a Galaxy S22 and Verizon. This started happening to me after an update to OneUI this week.

I see a lot of similar complaints on Reddit. Are there any suggestions on how to fix it?

Amusey
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
My sister-in-law just shared two photos in a group chat with me from her android, and for the first time, hers came through low quality and blurry. Normal that's only happened when multiple photos are sent at the same time from an iPhone to my phone (S22 ultra).
Js55
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having the same issue. They can come from the same android or an apple, doesn't matter. Very frustrating!
0 Likes
RPike250
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issues
0 Likes
userWpUqrqYzHt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm also having this issue. For me it's been blurry pics from apple users and really pixilated or blurry screenshots from anyone.