Original topic:

Can't turn off Galaxy store notifications. Keep getting adds in my notifications

(Topic created: 09-11-2024 11:14 AM)
frog333
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Make it stop!!! I don't allow unnecessary notifications for any of my apps. It is unacceptable that I cannot turn off the add notifications for the Galaxy store. Customer service just tells me to turn off the allow notifications selection and when that didn't work, to come on here and ask for Samsung to allow people to turn off this function in the future. They disabled the option for this app! I wanted to get the zflip but if this doesn't stop I am going to get a Chinese phone instead. Samsung needs to get rid of this asap. 

Can't remove it from storage and tried clearing the cache and data but it just reset my preferences to allow notifications. Uninstalled all updates for it and still can't stop. Chose to not let it run in the background on my settings but next day it turned selection to do again. 

6 Replies
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22

Try This:

First Turn This On:
āƒ   Settings  ā‰»
āƒ   Notifications  ā‰»
āƒ   Advanced Settings  ā‰»
āƒ   Turn "Manage Notification
     Categories for Each App" On .

Then:
āƒ   Settings  ā‰»
āƒ   Apps  ā‰»
āƒ   Galaxy Store  ā‰»
āƒ   Notifications  ā‰»
āƒ   Notification  Categories  ā‰»
     Turn Some or All Off :

Screenshot_20240908_232206_Settings.jpg

ā€ƒ

JLo33
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
This should be it.
I forget how, but my phone is flawless with notification selection, crazy to see how upset people get over this...
0 Likes
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Contact the Republic of Korea, that's what I would do. It's in the TOS you agreed to not really sure if this is the part, but reads

Some of the content, advertising, and functionality in our Services is provided by third parties. These third parties may use cookies, beacons, tracking pixels, and other tools to collect information about your use of these Services. These third parties are not controlled directly by Samsung, so we recommend that you check their privacy policies to understand how they use your data.

Try turning your update to wifi only or data maybe. Turn of your customizations. I never get any ads can you tell me what the ads even say, please? I'm wondering why in don't get them but everyone else does.
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
What third party apps you have may be in their terms and give you these ads* sounds like a big Gordian knot. Damb
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
I want another phone.
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

There is another thing you can do you will not get anything other than when you open the store with that ridiculous Crunchyroll popup.

Go to settings apps, type in the search box Push, there will be Push services open it, notifications, turn it off.

All ads will go away

0 Likes