Original topic:

Cannot play an mp3 file and use Google Map at the same time

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
cellsee6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

On my old Samsung J7 phone I could start playing an mp3 file using Files by Google and then navigate to Contacts and use Google maps to navigate to a location.  On my Samsung S22+, I can start playing an mp3 file using Files by Google, but if I navigate away from Files by Google to search contacts , Files by Google stops playing.   I have also tried playing an mp3 file using youtube music and the same thing happens.   My phone has 256 gigs of memory.  What setting must i change to allow the phone to play an mp3 file and then allow me to navigate to Google maps and allow  the mp3 file to continue to play?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Options
Galaxy S22

First, try setting the navigation then you can do whatever you want second it will run in the background.

Second if you wish to do it the other way (music first then navigate) Youtube music must be premium or it will stop playing when you move away from the app. and files by google isnt a music player so yes it will stop when you leave the app.

Samsung music will play Mp3s no matter what and you can navigate.

But if you set navigation first then go to the app you want it will work fine. Navigation will pop up in the background during travel for directions.

Good luck

0 Likes