JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Don't Choose Bing

(Topic created: 04-17-2023 01:51 PM)
useraFTbWtOyHZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I just saw that Samsung is considering switching from Google to Bing for the default search engine. Just because Microsoft wants to be first with an AI assisted search engine, doesn't make it the best. I've always distrusted Microsoft as their goal is to lock you into their products regardless of your needs or preferences. Please don't go down the Microsoft rabbit hole.

GRT

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
WyrdGary
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

Honestly, doesn't matter who they choose as default as it can still be changed.  I already use Edge browser on phone, but still use Samsungs as well.  I very rarely search anything on my phone anyway.  Non-issue in my opinion. 

View solution in context

6 Replies
userYY3q9wIQF0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung has deep integrations with Microsoft already. Would make sense. I agree that Bing is not a good substitute to Google.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Google literally does the exact same thing you're complaining about. Android exists and must include Google services specifically so that Google can lock you into using their products.
betancd
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I really like big. The results are just as relevant, never understood why people hate it so much
caden3ds
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Same been using it for years
Solution
WyrdGary
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

Honestly, doesn't matter who they choose as default as it can still be changed.  I already use Edge browser on phone, but still use Samsungs as well.  I very rarely search anything on my phone anyway.  Non-issue in my opinion. 

Teemo66
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
If Samsung goes with Bing then I'm ditching my Samsung phone and going with Pixel 🧐:double_exclamation_mark: