Original topic:

Fast draining battery after update

(Topic created: 08-24-2024 01:07 PM)
user2qL70hMlYt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Ever since the last update on the S22 my battery is draining by 15% every hour with the battery saver on. I NEED SAMSUNG TO FIX THIS. IM NOT TRYING TO LOOK LIKE A IPHONE USER THATS ALWAYS CHASING A CHARGER. 

6 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@user2qL70hMlYt Have you checked in Device care -> Battery to see what is using the battery? It may be an app which needs to be updated. 

0 Likes
user2qL70hMlYt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I'll check on that.
userdeIag0Oo4k
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

That didn't work for me (S22 +). "Contacts Storage" is what is eating my battery alive.

I tried every setting I could find, but nothing to fix this issue.

After just 3 hours of being off the charger unused, I just put it back on at 46%.

There are an incredible number of posts on this, in multiple timeframes, over several years.

PLEASE, don't make me switch back to Apple. I haven't had one since the iPhone 4s!

0 Likes
user2qL70hMlYt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
The has been updated since 8.21.24.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@user2qL70hMlYt I think you misunderstood my post. Look in Device care -> Battery to see which apps are causing high battery drain. Those apps which are using a lot of batteries may need to be updated for the new OS update. 

user2qL70hMlYt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Oh, okay. So I did check that as well, and I've reviewed what used the most power before and after the update in the device care app. Before the update, the app that's used the most battery was Youtube or TikTok or Instagram whenever I opened it. But I set those to deep sleep mode. I DID look at this before I made this post, but I didn't get into details. I just didn't want be chasing a charger after this update. Lol.
0 Likes