Original topic:

Forced Updates

(Topic created: 05-14-2024 09:02 AM)
Buff0480
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I can't keep having my phone automatically update, it resets my phone, my alarms to wake up for work won't go off, I miss calls, I don't have time for this. I like my phoen, but I'm hating this is being forced and it's caused me to get in trouble at work causing me to lose a promotion and pay raise. 

Is there any possible way for me to turn off the automatic system and security updates?

If not, I'll be switching from Samsung, it seems many people have complained and Samsung isn't listening to their users. I like androids because of the freedom Apple doesn't offer. But I can just as easily switch to Huawei as I can a sumsung. It's just as bad as Meta not listening to their customers, Apple nickle and diming theirs, and I'm not someone who fanboys over a brand. I like function and quality - and I hate being forced to do things. Especially when it causes me stress like this does repetitively.

8 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Hey there.

System updates don't automatically apply without a heads up of a few days. Typically, the update will push to your device and you have the option to install/reboot the device now or postpone it for a few days. At that point, it will auto install at the said time on the notification.

I'd recommend either installing the updates while you're awake or setting a scheduled time when you postpone the update.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
To add on to this, updates also shouldn't reset your alarms etc. I've never had that happen to me
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Correct. Although, I think the user meant the device rebooted and as a result is missing these notifications but in my experience, I still receive calls and alarms in this scenario.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
user0K1jyqy3VC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Today's update had no heads up, jusr forced itself despite desires otherwise. And I could also reiterate that alarms have been disabled by update restarts on at least two occasions. If you don't unlock the restarted phone, many different apps never actually open. It's less an update issue and more a restart issue, but updates forcing a restart causes the conflict.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Strange, I've never had an update force install without giving me at least a few days notice that it was going to happen
Trey97
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine just did the force update. It gave me the notice and I accidentally swiped away and thought it'll come back on the date when the prompt said. Nope about a minute later it did the update. I've also had my alarms not go off when my phone hasn't been opened after an update
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, when your phone hasn't been opened after any reboot this can happen. The OP said it resets his phone . Maybe I misinterpreted what he meant, because updates definitely don't reset your phone
Trey97
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah haven't had the reset the phone that's crazy