JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Forced flash doesn't work on camera

(Topic created: 03-20-2022 06:50 AM)
userisGpdyIjOd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the galaxy s22 ultra.  When taking pictures where I want flash to be required, it instead seems to be using some calculation like auto mode does (but not the same one because they engage flash at different light levels) instead.  When I choose to use flash, it should use flash.  Not decide whether it thinks the shot needs it or not.

I have tried turning off scene optimizer and auto HDR in case the features were somehow conflicting or overriding the flash functionality, but neither made any difference.

In the <1mo that I've owned this device, I've so far had two moments where I needed to be able to get a photo of a dark spot in the middle of plenty of light.  All my prior phone cameras (galaxy and otherwise) accomplished this super basic function without issue. 

I hope this turns out to be a simple oversight or bug and can be fixed, and soon.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, I can certainly understand how frustrating it is when your device will not work as expected. I have attached a link to a troubleshooting guide that may help with your flash (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01212957//). If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and IMEI number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, I can certainly understand how frustrating it is when your device will not work as expected. I have attached a link to a troubleshooting guide that may help with your flash (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01212957//). If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and IMEI number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator