JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GIVE ONEDRIVE ACCESS TO PHONE STORAGE

(Topic created: 11-19-2023 11:13 AM)
OldMantoo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I use Outlook and have OneDrive loaded on my Galaxy S22.

I have just received theatre tickets as a pdf attachment to an email, but I cannot open them. I get a message telling me I need to give OneDrive access to my device storage.  I have searched Google, and found it is common problem but none of the solutions seems to work for me because there is always a stage missing on my phone. For example

I'm told to open ‘Settings > Permission Manager > Files and Media …’  I cannot find Permissions Manager.

Or open: Settings > Apps > OneDrive > Permissions > Files and Media. ‘Files and Media’ is not there.

Can you help?  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
OldMantoo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Various solutions want me to give permissions to media or storage, but while I can give permission to camera and other items, media and storage are not given as an option. I have solved the problem by downloading rather than opening the attachment.  Thanks for trying; I appreciate you giving your time.

View solution in context

4 Replies
IRStaten
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Click and hold one drive go to the (i) ( info ) top right, look at permissions.

Edit: files and media would be videos and photos

Edit: just download pdf viewer
OldMantoo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Many thanks for answering.  I must be doing something wrong.  If I click on the OneDrive app it opens.  If I hold the app (keep pressure on it)  nothing happens.  How do I click and hold?

If the app opens, it goes to the home page.  Top ribbon reads:   My image, Home, + and then search.   The bottom ribbon has Home, Files, Shared, Photos and Me.

I really hope that helps.

0 Likes
Solution
OldMantoo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Various solutions want me to give permissions to media or storage, but while I can give permission to camera and other items, media and storage are not given as an option. I have solved the problem by downloading rather than opening the attachment.  Thanks for trying; I appreciate you giving your time.

Members_fSkc2AC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I am having the same issue.  Except I cannot download a file from onedrive anywhere in my storage.  I can only open a temporary copy of a file.

0 Likes