Original topic:

Galaxy S22 deleted all of my photos and videos

(Topic created: 02-01-2024 05:30 AM)
user8OK3UOsHwS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone has been deleting and removing photos and videos without my input. I have months of tour pictures and videos just gone. I didn't delete them, move them into a secure folder, or change albums, they are not there period. I have a cloud back up but there's still hundreds of photos that my phone deleted before they could be backed up. There's no recovery available because they're not in the deleted album. My secure folder also deleted every photo I had in that album at least 90, and is now empty. What the **bleep** samsung 
0 Likes
8 Replies
Mark7com
Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you checked the "trash folder"? You can find it through the samsung (gallery) app and the samsung (my files) app.
0 Likes
user8OK3UOsHwS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
First thing I did, I wouldn't say it's randomly deleting them and not check every recently deleted, checked my files, they're just gone
0 Likes
matt_z
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you sure there's no app deleting the photos? Go to permissions and press photos and videos and see what apps have the permission.
0 Likes
user8OK3UOsHwS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Very positive, I have entire folders just gone, some of them got backed up to my drop box, bit others get deleted before it backs up
0 Likes
matt_z
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
Very odd. This may be a dumb question but do you know that you can see all your folders when you press "view all" in gallery?
0 Likes
user8OK3UOsHwS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
That's how I noticed they were missing, I have folders specifically for tour photos and videos, that are named and labeled for each tour and artist I've worked with, and now I only have 1 folder of the 13 I made, and it only has like 5 pictures in there. Mind you this was a 3 month long national tour, so there were hundreds of pictures
0 Likes
matt_z
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
Very Very odd. All I can think of is some kind of app deleting your photos. Google photos has the option to back up the photos and then delete them for example.
0 Likes
whatisthisonmy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Check and see if you have more than 1 "one drive," I found I had 3 separate ones with the option to merge. I did this a while ago but got my pictures back.
0 Likes