Original topic:

Gallery Sticker Tool DOWNGRADED?!?

(Topic created: 09-15-2024 12:59 PM)
Calan8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I own the Galaxy S22 Ultra, when I purchased this phone I was very happy. Recent downgrades from the phone I initially paid for has changed that. One of those downgraded features - that mind you - is available on the newer model still is the Gallery Create your own Sticker. This phone has a pen tool... creating your own stickers was not only fun but was VERY useful when I had to take one thing from a phone and put it into another. 

News Flash - the AI feature NEVER EVER NEVER WILL select the portion of a photo that I need to grab and create into a sticker. 

The fact remains, Samsung, you've downgraded my phone. You've made it less than what it was when I bought it. This feature is still available on your newest S24 Ultra - why? I imagine little features like this disappearing from our existing phones is a bold move to get your loyal brand owners to buy new & upgrade. It's a violation of the trust we've placed in you. 

It's so maddening to me that I'm considering other brands based on principle. The Pixel broadcasts new features to all of their phones on day 1. There's no waiting for the newest model, then the model before that, etc... like we've come to get with One UI and they certainly don't remove features people use. 

First start by giving us back what we already had and next, stop doing that.

If you agree at all, please hit like. Maybe someone at Samsung might see it. Never know. ❤️
1 Reply
TipsyTrex
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
You can edit the sticker selection by pressing the three dots show up in the pop up menu when you've selected something and it auto selected too much, but you can't add what it didn't select from your photo. Until this is reverted, the best solution is to just edit the photo to be the sticker you want, and then make the whole image a sticker.

You are incorrect about it being available on the 24U. The manual sticker selector was removed in 6.1 and is not available on the 24, nor is it available on even newer devices like the flip or the fold.

You would be in for a very nasty shock when you buy a Pixel only to discover that Pixels do not have a baked in way to create and handle stickers like Samsung gallery does. You can, however, try utilizing Googles sticker solution on your samsung phone by switching to Gboard Keyboard and/or Google messages.