Original topic:

Gmail Notification disappearing

(Topic created: 08-24-2024 05:36 AM)
Pnokio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

When I got an email when using my Version 10 oppo phone, the Gmail icon would go from none to a red 1, if i opened it, it disappeared.
On my version 14 Samsung Galaxy S22, when I get an Email nothing shows. On opening the app, then closing it, that is when the red dot appears.

10 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

Have you turned on app icon badges? Settings/notifications/advanced settings - turn on app icon badges.

0 Likes
Pnokio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes, I have done as above.

I get notified if contacted or called when using MEET, MESSENGER, WHATSAPP, Phone MESSAGES or calls on my oppo phone.

I get the same on my Samsung all except GMAIL.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you specifically select to have badges on Gmail snd select number instead of dot?
0 Likes
Pnokio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have tried both and result is the same.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you getting banner notifications regardless of badges? Do you have notifications turned on for the app?
0 Likes
Pnokio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I am not familiar with banner notifications.

App notifications are turned on.

My brothers Samsung Version 13 Model unknown settings were copied to mine. No change. His works perfectly.

I have tried using another Gmail account, it does the same.

0 Likes
skiyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the s22. I get all app notifications besides Gmail unless I open the app, and then it remembers to send me my emails
0 Likes
Pnokio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

When I opened my phone this morning, it showed a red 2 on the Gmai app. On opening the app only your mail notification was visble. On closing the Gmail app, the app shoed a red 1.

It might have settled down now my oppo phone is not being used.

0 Likes
Pnokio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

On checking my phone this morning, Gmail App showed nothing. On opening it, tour reply was listed. On closing app a red 1 appeared on Gmail app.

0 Likes