JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Help even tech support can't help.

(Topic created: 08-23-2024 05:03 PM)
kellyxxx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I have an issue even tech support cannot fix. When I plug my phone into my desk top or my laptop I cannot get either computers to see my phone. I want to transfer music and photos back and forth but no luck. Every time I connect phone to computer the phone starts to charge. I went into dev settings and changed the connect from charging to data transfer but no luck. I thought the phone was bad but second phone has same problem. Last support session they said transfer files thru the cloud but I prefer to do it thru my desktop where my editing tools are. If I can't fix this issue I will have to go back to an Iphone. With the Iphone I just connect to my computer and my computer auto ran my photos program. Any help please????

24 Replies
CircumstancesMatter
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
You're using a data transfer cable right?
0 Likes
Noobie
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Yea make sure it's a cable that supports data transfers. There's different usb-c' cables that can do different stuff
0 Likes
kellyxxx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Tried 2 cables.

0 Likes
kellyxxx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes.

0 Likes
3Fees
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Download Samsung usb driver's and install then connect phone to pc by data cable.

Here they are:

https://developer.samsung.com/android-usb-driver

Cheers
3Fees
kellyxxx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

LOL that driver now won't charge or do data transfers. Lucky I do wireless charging.

0 Likes
kellyxxx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

OK usb-c to usb-c stopped charging but usb to usb-c charges fine. Still no data transfers.

0 Likes
3Fees
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Huh. It's a usb driver that connects android usb devices to pc's. Mine works perfectly with full access to phone files, etc. and is using Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd usb driver to make the linkage, Samsung usb driver's has Microsoft as digital signer.

Cheers
3Fees
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

If your laptop or desktop does not have a USB-C port you cannot connect your phone via cable. You need to get one of these:

Adapter1.JPG

A USB-C to USB-A adapter.  You also need to use the cable that came with your phone that has USB-C at both ends (or any PD cable).  Your computer will not see your phone otherwise.

0 Likes