Original topic:

If we wanted Google features, we would have bought Google phones.

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Avdranix
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Edit: Thank God and Samsung for GoodLock

The removal of the Samsung swipe gestures is asinine. Customers buy specific devices because they like the way that they operate, they way that they look, and the way that they feel. If I had wanted my phone to be like a google phone, I would've just bought one of those. Put Samsung back in Samsung. Give us our options back. As someone who will NEVER use the circle search function I feel that the phone doesn't belong to me anymore, but is still owned by the manufacturer. 
The gestures are not natural. This has made my everyday use of my cellphone and tablet very frustrating, and so much so that I doubt my next phone will be another Samsung.
6 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

I've got some bad news for you. You have an Android phone; you already have a Google phone since Google owns the Android platform. That makes them entitled to add any Google resources they want.  Samsung did give you your options back, they created Good Lock - go download it.

Avdranix
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Just seems wrong to advertise and sell a product based on its features at the time, just to remove and change all of those features in the future.
0 Likes
Avdranix
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Also, thank you! GoodLock saved me
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Goodlock is developed by goodlock studios, an internal samsung development team. This is the only way to restore the gestures.

Also, the new gestures are universal on other Android phones. You will not find yourself in an improved situation by leaving. 1719326304281_1719326304267_0.jpg
Avdranix
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you! It's all back to normal now
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

I think, in the long run, this modular approach works, since it trims the operating system. Samsung created Good Lock to give you the features back that Google made them take away and, going forward, will most likely be the way they can add new features pretty much when they think of it, rather than wait for a full update. (I don't know this for sure, but it makes sense to me).  FWIW, I'm sure that Samsung is not happy about the changes Google made either, since they spent considerable sums to advertise & market these features.