Original topic:

June Update caused problems with s22 ultra microphone on keyboard

(Topic created: Tuesday)
MsRowan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

The last manditory update caused problems for me as the the microphone was moved to the very bottom left of the phone, which is ok, i guess. It's unless you are inside of an app that requires you to use landscape mode, you lose the microphone!!! See the screen shot above.... no microphone is found. I really need my microphone to right above the keyboard with the rest of the quick use buttons. The last update took my microphone away and replaced it with 2 different buttons that I don't use. This should be customizable as i dont use some things but others might. I would like to find a way to put my microphone back where it belongs or I am just going to have to start looking around at other phones to see if maybe going. Apple or using one of the other Android phones would meet my needs better because I need that microphone
8 Replies
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
You can remove the AI Button and the other Buttons you don't want up there by tapping the 3 dot menu on the right and press & hold and slide to the bottom but as of right now the microphone can't be moved to the top the only thing you can do is hide it hopefully they give the option back to move it for the people that want to I for one never use it so it really doesn't matter to me
MsRowan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you for telling me how to remove the AI, But I alsoi want the option to put the microphone back to that spot. It should not be difficult to get them to fix this
Lous8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
My microphone doesn't work after the update; once I did find it. **bleep**???
justmeagain79
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you double-checked your keyboard settings? If it's the Google keyboard you use go to site settings and enable the microphone.i have Samsung keyboard set and the icon appears to the left of the navigation icons.
0 Likes
MsRowan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I use the Samsung keyboard on my Samsung phone.. I have about 50 text short cuts that is I switch I lose
0 Likes
justmeagain79
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Change your settings to activate your voice to text by holding the space bar.
0 Likes
MsRowan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Ill try this
0 Likes
justmeagain79
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
That "update" single handedly turned my battery to garbage. Some days I have to charge 3 timez when it used to last 2 days easy.
0 Likes