JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Messaging keyboard keeps typing numbers and letters on its own

(Topic created: 12-08-2023 11:07 PM)
user_23wesdi0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Since I got this newest update I'm experiencing my S22 inserting random numbers and letters into the words I'm typing, leaving my messages almost indecipherable. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello bossmaneshyt, 

Thank you for posting. Welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand you are having issues with your keyboard inserting random characters into words while typing. If your Samsung Keyboard is not working properly there are many steps to take to attempt to resolve this problem.
 It is recommended to use the preinstalled Samsung Keyboard that comes with your devices. If you are having issues with a third party keyboard please contact its developer. 
Please follow these steps to attempt to resolve: 

1. Restart your device, this may solve a minor bug. 
press and hold the power key until power menu is displayed > tap restart> tap restart to confirm

2. Clear the keyboards cache and data 
This will erase all keyboard settings and saved words.
 Settings> apps> tap on sort icon> show system apps> OK> Samsung Keyboard> Force stop> storage> clear data> OK 

3. Uninstall third party apps that may cause bugs and errors in Safe Mode. 

Press power key until power menu displays> tap Safe mode> you will see safe mode at the bottom of screen> attempt to type

If issue stops while in safe mode restart device and uninstall recently installed apps.

4. If you are unable to resolve please attempt to back up your phone completely and perform a Factory Data Reset. This reset and erase all of your device data.  

Settings> Factory data reset> Factory data reset again> Reset> follow prompts on screen to reset. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello bossmaneshyt, 

Thank you for posting. Welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand you are having issues with your keyboard inserting random characters into words while typing. If your Samsung Keyboard is not working properly there are many steps to take to attempt to resolve this problem.
 It is recommended to use the preinstalled Samsung Keyboard that comes with your devices. If you are having issues with a third party keyboard please contact its developer. 
Please follow these steps to attempt to resolve: 

1. Restart your device, this may solve a minor bug. 
press and hold the power key until power menu is displayed > tap restart> tap restart to confirm

2. Clear the keyboards cache and data 
This will erase all keyboard settings and saved words.
 Settings> apps> tap on sort icon> show system apps> OK> Samsung Keyboard> Force stop> storage> clear data> OK 

3. Uninstall third party apps that may cause bugs and errors in Safe Mode. 

Press power key until power menu displays> tap Safe mode> you will see safe mode at the bottom of screen> attempt to type

If issue stops while in safe mode restart device and uninstall recently installed apps.

4. If you are unable to resolve please attempt to back up your phone completely and perform a Factory Data Reset. This reset and erase all of your device data.  

Settings> Factory data reset> Factory data reset again> Reset> follow prompts on screen to reset.