JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Microphone clipping with bass at live events

(Topic created: 04-23-2023 04:45 AM)
Roachforlife
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi all. So to be honest this seems like a hardware issue as I have 3 other friends and family with similar models and all have this issue. When I go to a live music festival the bass from the music will cause the audio playback to clip. It sounds horrible. Yet friends with older phones (some Samsung) or even iPhones do not have this issue.

I know I can put in pro mode and maybe decrease the mic sensitively but wondering if anything else can be done? Hoping I am missing a setting somewhere because it completely kills the video when the music is clipping like crazy. 

I also read online about trying to purposely muffle the mic some by cupping your hands on the side of the phone where microphone is but again, sounded odd, especially for a $1300 device. Any help or tips are appreciated 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi Roachforlife, thank you for reaching out. The best option to help with microphone clipping with bass in these instances is to turn off the "Zoom-in Mic" option in Camera settings. Other than that, audio in concerts are usually at levels that make recording difficult to impossible, depending on location and their setup, among many other factors. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi Roachforlife, thank you for reaching out. The best option to help with microphone clipping with bass in these instances is to turn off the "Zoom-in Mic" option in Camera settings. Other than that, audio in concerts are usually at levels that make recording difficult to impossible, depending on location and their setup, among many other factors. 

0 Likes