Original topic:

Microsoft OneNote Is Not Saving Notes On My Galaxy S22+

(Topic created: a week ago)
DGarrett01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue, but I'm having an issue with OneNote either not saving notes at all, or large chunks of notes disappear after typing them out. I've been over on the Microsoft help forums, and they also suggested that I post here. Here is my post on the Microsoft site. I'll copy it here as well...

I'm having an issue with my OneNote app for Android not saving notes that I create. The behavior seems pretty random. In general, I will type out a note and I'll go back to it and the note is either completely gone, or only a portion of it is saved.

"For example, imagine this sentence is a note that I'm taking in the app."

I'll go back to it even a few seconds later and it will look something like this...

"For example, imagine this sentence is"

Entire sections of the note will be missing, or the whole note will be gone. I've even had it happen with photos. I'll go back to the notebook and photos I've taken are completely gone.

One interesting thing is that if I type out a note on the app while also looking at the same notebook on my desktop app, I can see everything that I type on my phone showing up on my desktop, and this issue doesn't appear to happen. But, when I don't have the desktop app open, it starts happening again. It's almost like there's some kind of disconnect between what I'm typing and what's being saved to my device. With the desktop app open, it's forcing the note to be saved via syncing.

This has pretty much been a persistent issue with OneNote since I've started using it a couple years ago. I really like all of the features of the app and I'm hoping that there's some kind of solution for this, because the more it happens and the more I keep losing notes that I need, it's making the app completely unreliable and defeating the whole purpose of using it in the first place.

The people at Microsoft haven't been able to specifically narrow it down to an issue with the app. Maybe it's something to do with how OneNote is interacting with my device? I'm not sure. I just know this is incredibly frustrating.

2 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I certainly understand wanting your apps to save your notes! I would suggest reaching out to the developers of OneNote to see if there is any troubleshooting they may have to help!

0 Likes
DGarrett01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I've also been working with the developers at Microsoft. I literally posted the link to my discussion at the beginning of this post... which is, in itself, the selfsame post that was shared with Microsoft. They recommended that I share this here.

0 Likes