JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Mobile data option in SIM Card Manager (S22 Ultra)

(Topic created: 09-20-2022 06:26 AM)
AlM76
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey all, I've just returned to Samsung after having a Pixel (and it's good to be back!)

On the Pixel 6 Pro with dual SIM (one physical, one eSIM) I was able to select which SIM I wanted to use for data (independently of Primary and Secondary SIM options).

This option isn't available in my US S22 Ultra, but I have found that this option does exist (see screenshot), but maybe not in the US? - Could this be one of those Samsung 'we're not enabling this in the US' situations like the delay in enabling eSIM over here? Or is the phone hardware not capable, or something that could be enabled with software and it hidden?

mobiledata.png

(Screenshot taken from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUGHRNrLWm4

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SyCoREAPER
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Doesnt and hasn't existed at least in the US. You can do primary or secondary, all or nothing.

HOWEVER, at least on TMobile, you can have a physical sim and eSIM active at the same time. You still can't choose beyond primary and secondary but both numbers will get calls, texts, etc..

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
DocHoloday
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

We're having the same exact problem. I have one personal line and one business line and just picked up my new S22 Ultra this weekend. The sales person explained the duel sim feature and said everything would be great with the 2 lines on one phone. Turns out I can't send data (images or files) via the 2nd sim. I have to choose a primary, and only one will work at a time. So, I can either send photos via my work number to clients and not send or receive any on my personal number, or the opposite, but not both. 

I was excited about not using 2 phones anymore, and this just took all the wind out of my sails.

Solution
SyCoREAPER
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Doesnt and hasn't existed at least in the US. You can do primary or secondary, all or nothing.

HOWEVER, at least on TMobile, you can have a physical sim and eSIM active at the same time. You still can't choose beyond primary and secondary but both numbers will get calls, texts, etc..
0 Likes
S22_5G
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I am having the same issue. I have 1 physical sim and 1 eSIM. 

But unable to set the data and voice independently.

See the help page from Samsung and it should show these options as shown in the picture.

But my phone doesn't show those settings.

A53_5G_0-1665080885821.png

How to use or manage dual SIM cards on Samsung phone | Samsung PH

Any settings to make this work as shown above?

0 Likes
AlM76
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Are you in the USA? 
The results of my extensive Googling suggests this is a limitation of the US models.
As I'd only had my phone for a short time, it was still within the return window and I've got a Pixel on order as I need the full dual-sim functionality. 

0 Likes