Original topic:

Motion photo fix .. I found the trick

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 07:39 PM)
mike529
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I had the same issue with the recent update..now . Go to camera settings, advanced intelligence options and select medium..actually you can select maximum just turn off scene optimizer and you can have your motion photos again
11 Replies
dancersmom1962
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
How do I turn OFF motion photo??
0 Likes
mike529
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Open the camera in the top right you'll see a icon box with a play button inside it ,Tap that until it's no longer lit up ..it will say play motion off
0 Likes
Sienna001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for the trick. Although both medium and advanced with no scene optimizer options could not work for me. I have to choose the minimum option. Because of this difference, I wonder if there are some other underline issues causing the problem.

mike529
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Your welcome I have mine on medium also turn off high efficiency pictures in advanced picture options..that should work
0 Likes
SilliMonkEe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you!!!

Finally šŸ™‚

0 Likes
Scorbin
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Can someone help me with a different problem? I can take motion photos and view them but there is no longer a series of frames showing allowing me to choose one. It won't work on old or new motion photos since an update earlier today.
0 Likes
userocU01Sx58z
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Looks like you have to edit the Pic (tap the pencil) then the motion Pic icon is at the bottom. Tap that then the frames appear. Choose the frame then set as key image.
0 Likes
DennisNads
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I disagree with the seen optimizer turning off. I believe the trick is to play the motion and right below the play-pause button just click and hold the frame and frames will appear and you can scroll thru them by dragging across.
0 Likes
DennisNads
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Or more correctly: press play and hold the frame below, and when you release the video frames will play as they did previously.