Original topic:

Msgs not sent/received

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
labluesky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Okay. So there are many numbers that it shows. I'm sending a message. To I know, but he's replying back but I can call that person. And so when I call and say Hey, are you getting my messages? They say no, are you getting mine? And I'm like no, so yeah, I called support and they asked me to go check out Google messages instead of just regular Samsung messages and try to tell me that there is. An issue with the app right nowOkay. So there are many numbers that it shows. I'm sending a message. To I know, but he's replying back but I can call that person. And so when I call and say Hey, are you getting my messages? They say no, are you getting mine? And I'm like no, so yeah, I called support and they asked me to go check out Google messages instead of just regular Samsung messages and try to tell me that there is. An issue with the app right now period they literally told me to just use Google messages until it gets fixed period but Hey, I don't mind breaking up with my boyfriend because I've been ignored for 3 days or my boss or anything else because nobody sent out a notice saying that Samsung messages was having.An issue and I don't like the platform of Google messages.I mean , what the
10 Replies
Wayfarerkel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
S22+ SW Ohio AT&T prepaid. Do I have to use G messaging? I prefer Samsung messaging.
0 Likes
labluesky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
They went through an entire thing where like I had to turn on the RCs messaging versus blah blah blah so try it that way but I don't want Google messaging I don't like it so I'm doing whatever I can to not do it however try it and if you get and receive messages then you know it your Samsung messaging app that is jacked up
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
If you purchase a new Samsung phone in the future, it won't have Samsung Messages on it since they are phasing it out. You will have to use Google Messages on the Fold 6 and newer phones

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
labluesky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
So basically they're fading it out?
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
From what I'm hearing, it's being phased out since it's not included on new devices

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes, they are phasing it out and you will have no choice but to use Google Messages whether you like the app or not. I also seriously doubt that they are going to bother with much effort on fixing any new problems that arise with the app, since they are pushing users to switch now.

0 Likes
Dinop43
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
R you w/t mobile? If so you may have went into the t mobile app and in message blocking inadvertantly blocked messages. It in the t mobile id settings. And im sure other carriers have similar setting in their apps under block chargeable msgs. Just a suggestion to maybe look for that
0 Likes
labluesky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I'll go check it out
0 Likes
Dinop43
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
I've also heard chats about samsung msgs. Going bad, people are converting to google because of the capabilities and android is pre installing google msgs on phones to get ready for the switch
0 Likes